Monday, November 21, 2005

Las Palmas, Stretch limos and Lord Nelson

Hi all,

After the usual, in flight discomforts of being rather tall, I arrived in Las Palmas.... It was an icey start in Burgess Hill so the the bright Canaries sun was a warm welcome. As was the stretch limo that was waiting to take me to the ship. Some of my friends think that this is an easy life!

The lord Nelson is now my place of work and its something interesting showing up for work on your 1st day of a new job. a) in a streched limo and b) knowing that you are actually here 24 hours a day for the next 3 weeks..I hope I like the folks. Some of them I know already but this situation of group dynamics is a constant worry..

So the cabin is ok. This week in a regular cabin mid ships (near to the bar) Next week will move into my more permenant home back aft..

Not much more to say today. Already been up at the top of the rig messing with some bits of string and playing with my big knife.

The good thing here is, that we get to use the, club nautico for free, so some of my coleagues dissapeared to use the steam room and sauna after work. There is also a 50 meter, out door, salt water swimming pool so will have to give that a go to. I heard that a pint of beer there is only 1 euro.. Might try that out at some piont aswell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dai said...

Well some people just have all the luck dont they Disco?
Glad the blogs working well dont forget to send us some picture of the boat did you take any of the Limo?

2:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home