Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Leave this to me guys...


Stubborn little lock
Originally uploaded by darenpackham.
The boat had rented some big steel shipping containers on the dock at the boat yard in order to store some stuff ashore. One contained deck equipment, one for interior and a few for engineering..
Today my team was set the small task of transferring half of the items from the interior container into the empty deck equipment container. (it’s a long story, don’t ask.)

So I went with the keys and two of the guys to be very helpful and move the stuff. None of the keys we had seemed to fit the lock and after a while of trying, I announced,” leave this to me boys”
1 x Large international persuader (big hammer), 1 x Large international adjuster ( big crowbar )and a whole lot of bashing and levering later, we were still not past the stubborn little lock.
The boys were now sniggering behind me..

We then managed to acquire an electric grinder with a cutting wheel. After a whole lot of sparks the lock finally gave in and it lay on the ground in two or three parts. “I beat you little lock, you were no match for my strength”

With great enthusiasm and in a triumphant manner, I swung open the big steel doors to reveal that we had in fact, forced entry into someone else’s storage container! The three of us reeled in folded over laughter and again with greater volume and vigour as the key we had, slipped easily, on the first attempt into the lock of the next container along….. Typical!

1 Comments:

Blogger nickbroom said...

fantastic efforts!

5:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home