Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Royal Hotel


Royal Hotel
Originally uploaded by darenpackham
The Royal Hotel in San Remo is a little rich for my blood and even though there was a special visitor arriving to share a few well earned days off, a stay at the Royal looked unlikely.

Luigi, represents us as our ships agent in San Remo and as in all areas the Italians are very helpful and normally they have a little something in it for themselves too...
I had asked him if he could wangle a deal at the 5 star hotel for me at the same time as requesting many other things for the boat.
The next morning the cheerful man arrives at the gangway together with the big truck that was going to empty our oily bilge tank. 'Daren', he says smiling. "The truck is going to cost you more because they are sucking the contents of your tank and we thought you were going to pump it to the truck!! Oh and can you guys move the boat over again to the right this time!?"
I am smiling at him but in slight disbelief ..."Daren", he says again smiling still more, "I have some good news regarding your personal item... I have arranged a room at the Royal.!"
So, we moved the boat and had ton pay extra for the bilge pumping truck but I had secured a massive discount at the Royal through a family member of Luigi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home