Friday, February 08, 2008

In Mexico

After a breif stop at Lighthouse reef, an overnight stay in Belize and another overnight passage to Cozumel in Mexico we have relocated again, this time to an anchorage off the beach in Playa Del Carman. The magical mystery tour continues. The owners are on home turf now and movements are down to a strict need to know basis even more than usual.

The boss came back from a dinner ashore with his friends, last night at around 11pm and asked me if we could please move at 6 am accross to Playa, so that we could recieve guests on board, via helicopter for breakfast. 'Yes sir, of course we can'

I was thinking Oh no!! Another 5 am start!!So we were off again. The sunnies were on standby but the sun was only just coming up as I edged the boat off the dock. I am still quite inexperienced at docking and undocking the boat and the sunnies were not really necessary for the sun but only to hide the fear in my eyes and make me appear cool and calm and even slightly stylish as I took the controls of the boat. An offer for the boat, of 95 million euros was recently turned down by our boss who is enjoying the boat more and more these days. The weather and sea was calm and the dock not too tight but the resposibility of it is still massive.

3 Comments:

Blogger cliff said...

I can only assume that his insurance premiums have gone through the roof with a blind man stearing that thing!

4:35 PM

 
Blogger nickbroom said...

yeah, I'm still disappointed he turned my offer down...

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Dai said...

I have personally driven in a small car with you at the helm for some years and I wonder if you will take corners as fast as you did then? Also I dont think you will struggle for room to put the kayak :)

2:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home