Friday, March 28, 2008

Day trip to Florida

Life is as normal. But not at all normal. It is fast paced, fantastical and privileged. It is as always hard work but the surroundings are endlessly spectacular and there is nothing normal about any of it!

We cruised the west coast of Mexico, Huatulco, Acapulco, Zihuatenejo and now to Puerto Vallarta. Loaded another 300 tons of fuel, washed our balls had some beers ashore. Same old routine really.

This week I was flown to Ft Lauderdale in Florida for a day, no Disney land for me. I was very excited to have a man with a name board for me. Of course it was spelt wrong but thats a first for me. I went to meet with some dudes who represent another of the worlds super billionaires. They kindly offered me a job on a different boat doing something very similar for lots more money.

I flew back to Mexico did an afternoon of work and this evening went out with the captain and chief stewardess and drank mojitos in a Cuban bar on the waterfront where there was live music, waves breaking on the beach and a nice breeze blowing through the open bar. We came home to the boat a little peckish so we snacked on left over lobster tails and fio gras pate with fresh baked bread. So there is nothing much to report only that the circus continues and I am in the centre ring.

I can't wait to come home, make a sandwich have a nice cup of tea and watch the tele.

3 Comments:

Blogger cliff said...

much the same really... built a fence, got wet, drank tea

4:20 PM

 
Blogger nickbroom said...

sounds like mine too - went out in the rain, hid from the rain, drank lots and got wet on the inside to compliment my soggy exterior! O, and got paid little for doing lots..

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Dai said...

same for me really got wet, looked after 32 kids an hour for 5 hours,got wet again on bus duty looking after 1500 kids, drank coffee( need to keep awake)
:) ( subtlely trying not to mention his two week holiday soon) Well done Disco the rockstar lifestyle continues.....

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home