Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tot time...

Being back in Gran Canaria is lovely. we all sort of feel at home here as it is our main base, the town of Las Palmas is near bye, there is a beach and of course Club Nautico..We are between trips and have a 4 day maintenance period before sailing again.

This sucks in some respects but unless we are NOB officer, ( night on Board) we can go and play. Tonight was a game of squash, a short swim and sauna and in a mo, a quiet beer in the square. I´m sorry for taking the good weather for graunted a bit. Oops! Sitting in a sqaure drinking cold beer and wearing tee shirts is in its self a winter treat that shouldn´t go un mentioned.

As we are in a maintenance period and mostly because we rely on a volunteer work force we have a `Tot time´. At the end of our working day, we are all entitled to a free drink from the ships bar.. A traditional toast is made and there is a standard toast for each day of the week. Today is monday and today we toast to `Absent friends and those at sea´ Tomoorow we toast `Our selves´ My favorite is Thursday, `The wind that blows, the ship that goes and a woman who loves a sailor´ I will bore you with the others at a later date.

I think so far, I only have 8 visits to my blog! So perhaps I should either, find something more interesting to write about or stop. Next leave will concentrate on adding photos. That might help.. Anyway, Love to all 8 of you. One of you might be my mum? One is probably Dai. I have 6 mystery blog reading friends! Or have dai and mum been here 4 times each? Bugger! I will tell you both all about it all when I get home, stop writing a load of Blogs and go straight to drinking cold beer in the square. Then I won´t have to give a passing care about my forgetfull attitude towards summer like weather in winter time . To my 6 other friends if you exist. I will write for a little longer. Some helpful comments and suggestions on input will be welcomed.
Me signing off for cold beers in the square now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Iz said...

I'm one of the 6... from one island to the other... and in between countries.

6:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home