Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It can not be true!!?

There were 5 men sitting around a table, it was quiet with expectant enthusiasm. As I looked around I was surprised to see that we were all sitting on the edge of our chairs, leaning forwards, all of our fore arms were resting on the table. I could hear the bubbles of the sparkling water plinking in the glasses.Like a secret circle of schoolboys about to share some exciting news.

The picture of a boat lay on the table, the familiar shape of our helicoptor hovering in animated eternity over the traced outline sketch of a boat. Not our boat!?

Our owner/ boss is buying a new boat. Not instead but as well! A support ship to provide us with fuel to save us going near to those nasty commercial ports and a place to store all of out spare boats and toys when we are not using them. To make us lighter and faster. ( An incredible point to make, is that we already carry 400 tons of fuel)

My job has just become quite interesting. Suggestions as to what we need on the new boat on a post card please.

A bar of course, 10 extra crew cabins, walk in freezers to carry extra supplies, a 40 foot sailing boat. Now we are talking! A movie theatre for the crew. I jovially suggested a sauna.. No one laughed and the captain wrote it on the list. I got carried away then and made my usual request for a 6 foot blonde girl. Eyes raised in my direction. It was their fault. they didn't laugh at the sauna suggestion..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home