Sunday, May 21, 2006

Fancy a Shag?

I have now been here a few weeks. I have found my feet at work and now socially starting to find the places and people that interest me.. A Friday night out will usually start at Sorry Charlies. The live music outside, it is very relaxed. The warm evenings are a big plus. Moving across the road later,to the Mercury Lounge, where more live music, is great for dancing. It’s a music genre and atmosphere that we love. Plus the place is full of six foot blonde girls all wearing the standard little white dress! For me this is fantastic…

This past Friday, we got into pretty high spirits and as the American dudes don’t generally dance, we have our pick of lovely blondes to twirl about with. It seems too that, I have got the hang of this style of dancing and I am loving it! It is a sort of cross, between Rock and Roll and Latin. The best thing about it is that you have to dance with someone. So we are just tearing the place up. There are two clear natural advantages for us over the other guys in the bar. 1, we have an accent and 2 we like dancing. So we are quite popular, spinning and swirling our partners around like whirling dervishes. Needless to say we are making friends.

Being approached by a six foot vision of feminine, blonde beauty is now, no more unusual than the fact that I live on a 100 million dollar boat (what a strange world it has become). Normally it is for no more than a dance, a sweet smile and a few words. Usually the first thing they say is ‘don’t you have a lovely accent.’ Standard reply to nice accent is don’t you have lovely eyes, hair, dress or perfume or something equally cheesy. Its cheap I know but it is a winner! On Friday I was more than surprised when a girl turned to me, looked me straight in the eye, smiling with her perfect ,gleaming white teeth (they all have immaculate teeth in the usa) and started the following conversation……

Blonde “ Where did you learn to shag like that?”
Me “Excuse me?”
Blonde “You shag really well, where did you learn?”
Me (laughing)
Blonde “Why are you laughing?”
Me “ You are making me laugh”
Blonde “ You have a lovely accent, where are you from?”
Me “ Well you have beautiful eyes, where are you from?”
Blonde “ You are so sweet, thank you. (said with general hair flicking and eye widening)
Blonde “So, are you Australian?”
Me “ No. I’m from England… What do you mean when you say shag?”
Blonde (confused face) “the shag dancing” (as if I was the idiot!!?)
Me “ (still smiling, thinking, this is going straight on my Blog)
Me “ Would you like to shag with me then? (holding back a deep desire to laugh)
Blonde " Come on then"(more hair flicking) taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor.

So we danced and danced. Me and Dave, my new friend Brook and all of her friends shagged the night away.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

You're clearly quite a catch with your helicockter and insatiable stamina... in addition to the video of the park, is there any chance that we could see some footage of you, dare I say it, shagging...?

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home