Friday, August 10, 2007

First Class Mule

As everyone seems to know, Debbs is residing at che Daren in Sussex until she returns to Savannah from her European travels. Although I am also in Europe I am not really aware of the movements of my friend Debbs. Although, I think she has been seen hanging about with my brother and some of my friends. I knew that she was there though, because I received 3 text messages telling me my windows were open and was I home? A day or so later I also got a call from the elusive Debbs, to tell me that a parcel which I had sent from France back in May had arrived at my door. Hooray!!!

Prior to my departure on leave from the boat in May, I packed some belongings in a big box and sent them by mail to England. I subsequently left the South of France on my bicycle and headed slowly home! Despite my athleticism in the saddle, I at least expected the package to overtake me en route and at very worst arrive at my door at about the same time as me!.

One day on my cycle trip, I was sat drinking a coffee and chatting to a lady who was very impressed with my physical prowess and my adventure. She was however, very quick to one better my epic journey, leaving me for a moment, to fetch the local paper where she was excited to show me a picture of a French bloke, who was doing a pretty similar trip to me...Only on a bloody Donkey!!!! There was a picture of the silly, French donkey rider, smiling back at us from the newspaper..I should have known all along!! It must have been him who had taken my box! What a small world. Unless you intend to ride around it on a donkey that is..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home