Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The second Officer `Glory Hole?' and blokes called Duncan

I am writing again. I thought that I had decided to stop.. Today I found a new interesting place on the ship..
I had some maintenance reports completed and I went to the ships office, where I asked the Captain, "where do I put these reports?" She said, " Put them in the mates "Glory Hole!"

Well.... I left the office thinking as follows:

a) Is she too busy to be bothered with my menial filing question?
b) If I had a glory hole where the hell would that be....?
c) Is she suggesting I stick it up the mates arse?
d) Would you really refer to someones arse as a glory hole?
e) Should I just boldly go and ask Chris where his glory hole is?

So I thought... Im settling in quite well. I´ve been here a month or two now. I´ll just ask Chris.

"Chris? do you have something called a `Glory Hole´?
" Yes mate"
" Oh good. Is it a real place?"
Some laughing
"There is a hatch to a small space beneath the chart room"

"Lucky for you..! I was about to shove these reports up ya arse"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home