Sunday, May 21, 2006

Adventure or Flamenco

The Savannah Adventure Club... I found it when I did a search on google for stuff to do on the weekends here in Savannah. Stuff that would keep me out of the kind of bars mentioned previously.

The web site says the club is a small friendly group of like minded folks, living in savannah, that like to do outdoor activities, such as kayaking and other sports that I like. So I sent my e mail address to them and then, every now and again I get an e mail. BBQ this Saturday, bring something for the grill and something to drink. Kayak trip out on Tybee Island or hiking and camping up state some place.

So, it was Saturday. I hopped on my beach cruiser bicycle and cycled off towards the address on the e mail. After all this interest in outdoor sports I chose the BBQ as my starting point.

I was welcomed into the small gathering in a shaded green yard. Adventure or Flamenco? One girl asked me.. Now I am confused. No. just adventure please. Can you dance the Flamenco? No but people have said that I can shag pretty well. The girl did not start to laugh as I had half expected, then continued to explain, that the girlfriend of the guy who organises the adventure club is the Flamenco teacher.. Cool. Then I was less confused.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home