Sunday, July 09, 2006

SAFUYA and other abbreviations

I kept getting e mails with BR at the bottom. I felt a bit silly having to ask Brendon what that meant. “Best Regards”, he said rolling his eyes. How lazy can you get. I thought.

“ We would like to propose bla bla bla amounting to $2million.. BR. It doesn’t seem very sincere? Then there was another abbreviation started to appear. ATB, of course after a minute or so, ping! a light goes on. All The Best. I was slowly getting the hang of this. I thought I would send a trial to Brendon, to test the water.

“ Yes Brendon, just to confirm that you will need to isolate the fire alarm system in the stabiliser room on Saturday morning, as the yard are welding in there etc, etc. CBE”. That will get him.. “CBE?” was his reply. Cheers Big Ears. We liked that, so we thought we would put that out to general circulation.We have been sending it around for a while now but no enquiries as to its meaning. This has encouraged our juvenile games and boosted our daring. SAFUYA is how Brendon and I now sign off to one another. I didn't realise that he has been putting this out to a selected circulation too…(if you have recieved a mail ending with this.. Its just a bit of fun, please don't take any offence) Still no enquiries as to the meanings, so the fun may continue.

There is a silly joke involving a guy in a bar and a woman. Man says to woman, “Why don’t you stick a feather up your arse” Lady says, “What did you say?” Man says, “ Oh My! I hope this horrible weather is going to pass” It goes on, but its not worth it..

Anyway BR CBE ATB and SAFUYA




4 Comments:

Blogger Iz said...

Similar games played at SV on the IOW, for months and months the EPM (i.e. CIB) used KMA at the end of memos, emails and the like before the GMD asked what it meant... so rest assured DD!

5:11 AM

 
Blogger Jack said...

Sorry, not up to seeing you around at the moment you grassy pucker!

6:09 PM

 
Blogger nickbroom said...

Love it.

All this technology and all you can do is find new ways of passing minor insults to others.. FANTASTIC.
made me LMAO.. ;)

6:24 PM

 
Blogger nickbroom said...

Love it.

All this technology and all you can do is find new ways of passing minor insults to others.. FANTASTIC.
made me LMAO.. ;)

6:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home