Monday, December 04, 2006

The boat!


The boat!
Originally uploaded by darenpackham.
This is where I work... Pretty cool isn't it! Its no sailing boat but its the finest motor boat I have ever worked on (Its the only one actually. Don't tell anyone!)
I downloaded the picture to give me some motivation to stay on here after, once again, we heard that the deadline for sailing was pushed back all the way into February.
Looking at the positives, although we will miss Carnival in Rio we will still make it to Monaco, for the Grand Prix and to Cannes, for the film festival. All of which are nearer to home than Savannah. The extension also means that I was able to very slyly negotiate some leave to visit home over Christmas. The other good thing is that, the by product of working a long yard period in Savannah, is a wonderful circle of new friends and an interesting social life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Hey Daren, bring the boat round, I wanna watch the motor racing in Monaco, then catch a movie on the way back, if we Cannes

Right you are sir, steady as she goes with the TV remote

6:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home