Friday, June 01, 2007

Great Storm of Friday


yellow, cone, bike and me
Originally uploaded by darenpackham
Today it not only rained it f***ing pissed it down and I damn near got struck by lightening in the deal.

It was actually a beautifull sunny day for most of the day and the heat was exhausting. I was looking at the clouds way out on the horizon thinking, in a sailor kind of way, that, "hmm.. those there clouds looks to me like they might be trouble later."
After lunch I prepaird all my stuff for rain even though it was still properly sunny . Put thigs into zip lock bags and stuff like that.

As the afternoon progressed it got darker and then very calm and then the wind started. I stopped to put on my rain gear, quite smug with my earlier forecast and how prepared I was but I certainly wasn't prepared ffor what came next!

1cm diameter hailstones battered me, then rain so dense that I had to pull off the road. Then cam the thunder and lightening! Holy shit. One strike of lightening hit the ground so close to me that I got a static electric, shock through the brake lever on my bike. I started to pedal off again hoping that I would not actually get hit by the crazy lightening storm that was going on all around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home