Thursday, May 25, 2006

Floater!!!!????


Floater
Originally uploaded by darenpackham.
It is hot here. Very very hot. Today was 38c. Last night we went for pizza, after pizza we went for beer.
Life seems all good and normal, I went to the bar and ordered a pitcher of beer.
To my wide eyed surprise. The waitress asked me if I would like a 'Floater' in my beer... Most certainly not!
If you live in Brighton, a floater is a stray piece of floating effluent, a king Henry the third, a non flusher. What can this girl possibly mean?
Conversation..
Me "Can I have a pitcher of beer please?"
Waitress "sure, would you like a floater in that?
Me " Pardon me?"
Waitress " Where are you from? I love your accent?"
Me "I love the way you have your hair. Where are you from?"
Quite bored of the accent thing.
Me " You are going to have to explain this 'Floater' thing. I have quite a terrible picture in my head...
Waitress " would you like ice in your beer"
Me " I am not sure what is worse"
waitress " we put it in a bag"
Me " Good idea. I'd love a 'Floater' Thanks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home