Sunday, September 10, 2006

Girls who like going both ways

On Wednesday mornings at 6 am, I usually try to meet up with a small group of runners. For the most part they are women, well all of them are women apart from me actually. I call them, the Savannah racing snakes. This week there was just 3 of us, not that that matters for this story.

So there we were, me exhausted and wheezing, the ‘racing snakes striding along ahead, happily chatting. I am thrilled to report that, this weeks training session, was conducted by running at varying speeds around the park, alternating directions after each lap and a half. First, clockwise then anti clockwise.

“Why do you do that?” I asked my female companions. They smiled at each other and said, in their southern accents, “ We like to check out the cute guys” They were certainly not including me in this group of guys being, ‘ checked out’ They were a good half a mile ahead of me for the whole session.

Anyway I was pleased that they go both ways and that it's not just me who is enjoying the scenery whilst running in the park.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home