Tuesday, January 24, 2006

a ladder for my apartment

it was time that a ladder was built for my flat. I gave it a lot of general thought and a jolly good looking at. It has remained this way for weeks.

Then over a beer a small drawing imerged. not accurate but a drawing and the other day on a crazy whim I went and ordered some wood for the job.

With skills handed from father to son I gave it another thoroughly good looking at, tinkered with some borrowed power tools and went for lunch with my friend Cliff.

My father was a craftsman and when I say handed down skills, they are pretty much what I worked out from watching him. That is however about 20 years ago because he sadly died 18 years ago. Needless to say my skills are lacking. More pondering.

shall I take a picture? good idea. Getting the hang of this now..Flickr Photo Cool like this. MY LADDER ta da!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home