Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wednesday Evening

So then..?
How did I go out for a quiet pizza with new friends and end up in Harrys on a Wednesday? I would love to try and explain…

Well we were in Vinnies, eating Pizza and then, as it was Wednesday and about 1030 PM, we all paid up and split from the restaurant to go home. I was kindly offered a ride home, by a girl called Christie. She and I were walking back to the car and decided to duck into another bar for one more beer. After a couple of drinks she asked if I was ready to leave. I just assumed that she wanted to go home now and said, “yes sure, thanks”

So, she kindly drove me out to Global (the ship yard) and as security is pretty tight, pulled up to the gate where we continued to chat. We had had a really lovely time chatting and laughing and so after 10 more minutes of chatting, she suggested we have another drink. Only now, the only option open for us was Harrys! I did say to her that, “you know Harrys is a ….strip bar?”
“Oh, don’t be a prude! Come on, it will be fun!”
So I went…
Then, all of a sudden, there I was, sitting at the bar in Harrys.
Coversation..
Me “Christie, you are going to have to forgive me”
Christie “ What, why?”
Me “Well, I think you are very nice and it’s great chatting but I don’t know if you have noticed? You are the only woman in here with any clothes on! I am a tiny little bit distracted!”
Christie “laughing”

Christie was trying to talk to me about her fitness studio or something and I was trying my best to pretend not to notice the lithe, naked, dancers doing interesting things with a stainless steel pole, only feet from where we were sitting. I was failing! My eyes were strangely drawn away from my fully clothed companion at increasingly regular intervals. Fortunately and amazingly, my innocent wide eyed bemusement came over to my companion as endearing and sweet. How. I have no idea. My thoughts were definitely not sweet or endearing!

Another weekend is coming up and Captain has given us Monday off. The phone has been ringing and Christie wants to see me again. I’m not sure if I am up to any more of that pizza and beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home