Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fancy Car


Fancy Car
Originally uploaded by darenpackham.
I don’t know what kind of car this is but it was fancy and white and I had rented it for the first leg of my homeward journey. Looking forward to coming home for so many reasons I was up early and had time for a coffee at the ‘Bean’ before leaving town.

Then I was driving south to Jacksonville, Florida, being very careful to stick to the speed limit this time but with my mind wandering to family and friends and wondering how on earth I was to fit it all in!

So with my first leg completed, my second leg, a flight to New York was delayed. This is never a problem if you are on your way to work but going home is entirely a different story and a delay here would mean a very hectic connection in NY.

Of course I was right! Running athletically, with passport and hand luggage across JFK international airport is not much fun. The main worry being that I was not convinced that my luggage would be moving as efficiently as I was. With minutes to spare I was boarding the flight to London, with or without my luggage.

Safely in the terminal in London, I was happily reunited with my bag. It is very impressive that it had kept up the pace with me in New York!

Last leg a small train journey to Burgess Hill. My small flat had a mountain of post but was welcoming with gifts of wine, whiskey, rum and Port from friends who have stayed while I was gone.

A cup of tea was soon in front of me. An intake of breath and the whirl wind of home time activity was to begin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Whilst you might not be able to fit your family and all your friends in the fancy white car, it sounds like your small flat and small English train set might be accommodated. Is it on the map, this Burgess Hill? Near Barcombe Ducks I presume!

4:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home