Friday, December 29, 2006

Back to Savannah

I arrived back at the big yellow house in Savannah at around 10pm last night. It was a very tedious, cramped, transatlantic flight followed by a short hop from Atlanta down here to Savannah.

My room at the house is a lovely airy space, with big windows that open out to the garden. There are high ceilings, a big comfy bed with clean white linen and a few personal items scattered around that make it feel a bit like home.

It really is not home though and as I sat here last night I already missed the sanctuary of my small flat back in Mid Sussex. I was wondering how I would put my visit home into words.. Now that I am back here I can easily reflect on the trip. I had a great time with family and good friends, it was too short and I was sad to leave. Funny though, because I am not sad to be here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home